History of the Adelaida Historical Foundation
To present, protect, preserve and promote the historic community of Adelaida
Built in 1917, the Adelaida School House is listed in the National Register of Historic Places. The one-room school house operated 1964 and was known as the Lincoln School. The building has been used as the monthly meeting place of the Adelaida Farm Bureau for over a century. However, by 2000 it had fallen into disrepair and the Adelaida Historical Foundation was formed in 2003 to restore the building. Our small group of volunteers has put in many hours replacing the foundation, roof and siding; and upgrading the kitchen and utility lines. We are currently fundraising to add amenities for events including accessible bathrooms, concrete walkways, a BBQ area and landscaping. We are always looking for volunteers to donate their time and resources.
Board of Directors